tl24 pretest

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sat Feb 17 10:59:06 CET 2024

Hi it,

> Is TeX Live 2023 still updated from CTAN or do all CTAN updates continue
> only in TeX Live 2024 pretest?

Yes, TL2023 is still updated.

> If TeX Live 2023 is still updated from CTAN, when is TeX Live 2023
> scheduled to be frozen and all updates are only applied to TeX Live 2024
> (pretest)?

> I could not find this information either in the list or on
> https://www.tug.org/texlive/.

At the bottom of the page is written
	Plan for TeX Live 2024
and there is
	10mar: final updates from CTAN, final doc tweaks.
This is not set in stone, but Karl will surely announce here when he
stops updating TL2023.

> I would like to release Markdown 3 on CTAN only after TeX Live 2023 has
> been frozen.

Then simply wait with the CTAN upload till Karl announces the final
TL2023 build here.

Best regards

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live