Config questiopns

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Feb 16 22:34:01 CET 2024

On 16/02/2024 17:46, Gabor Urban wrote:
> 1. I have some collections of Plain TeX macroes which I use quite
> frequently. I store them in a global texmf directory.
> With TeLive I have found the directory texmf-local\local\plain,

My understanding is that that is a directory in all TeX installations
and is protected (only system administrators) because it's intended for
multi-user systems, where "local" means "all users on this machine". It
does not mean "personal".

I believe the correct location for plain TeX personal macros is in
C:\texmf\tex\plain

I have documented that at
https://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/personal.html
but I would like comment and corrections because I am not a Windows user.

Peter