metafun broken?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Sep 27 22:39:54 CEST 2023

    I downloaded cont-tmf.zip from this
    http://pragma-ade.nl/context/latest/ web address.

I guess I'm going blind. Oh well. All to the good.

Anyway, all my code to deal with importing cont-tmf.zip into TL is still
there (in ctan2tds). I tried running it (in test mode) and it seemed to
work out ok. I think I could just eliminate the removals of mkii
directories and restore the various other infrastructure bits in the
tlpsrc, etc., and it would all be restored.

In other words, now that you've done the stuff for lmtx, I think we can
just add back the mkii stuff, as provided. At least metafun and texexec
might work again.

Shall I try that?

I don't see the advantage to making a separate context-mkii package. It
could all be the TL package context. That seems the simplest to me. It's
all coming from the same zip, so what do we gain by splitting it up on
our end? --thanks, karl.