metafun broken?

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Sep 27 21:33:35 CEST 2023

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 03:00:46PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     The files are not in the "minimal distribution" (which includes binaries,
>     fonts etc.), but they are still present in the context zip itself.
>
> Mojca - by the "context zip" do you mean cont-tmf.zip? I'm guessing not
> .. please advise. Because, as Siep said, the current cont-tmf.zip
> contains only a few scattered remnants of mkii.  No metafun.mpii file,
> for example.

I only said that about the current context package in TL.

> I poked around on the wiki.contextgarden.net but didn't see the right
> thing. And
> http://pragma-ade.nl/context/latest/ doesn't bring up a directory
> listing, so if there's something there besides cont-tmf.zip, I can't see it ...
>
> Help? --thanks, karl.

I downloaded cont-tmf.zip from this
http://pragma-ade.nl/context/latest/ web address. It does contain
metafun.mpii, in a directory metapost/context/base/mpii. There is
also a tex/context/base/mkii directory.

I am currently sorting out what exactly to include in a context-mkii
package.

--
Siep Kroonenberg