[tldoc] Issue Obtaining LaTeX2e Ref Manual in Fedora

Aaron Frederick afred.frederick at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 01:28:51 CET 2023

Thanks for the advice, Karl! I think the links and workaround will be helpful.

Aaron F
afred.frederick at gmail.com

On Nov 11, 2023, at 3:33 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

    I hope this helps, and that I've contacted the right people!

Hi Aaron - thanks for the report, but you need to contact Fedora about
the packaging.  This is a list for upstream TeX Live documentation
issues.  Fedora's packaging of TL is quite different from upstream TL.

As for texdoc preferring the French version, you can submit an issue
here:  https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc/issues/new
FWIW, I surmise it is the same bug as this:
 https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc/issues/104
where the texdoc maintainer recommends setting the envvar
LANGUAGE_texdoc as a workaround. (I hope he fixes the bug soon.)
--best, karl.