[tldoc] Issue Obtaining LaTeX2e Ref Manual in Fedora

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Nov 11 23:33:18 CET 2023

    I hope this helps, and that I've contacted the right people!

Hi Aaron - thanks for the report, but you need to contact Fedora about
the packaging.  This is a list for upstream TeX Live documentation
issues.  Fedora's packaging of TL is quite different from upstream TL.

As for texdoc preferring the French version, you can submit an issue
here:  https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc/issues/new
FWIW, I surmise it is the same bug as this:
  https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc/issues/104
where the texdoc maintainer recommends setting the envvar
LANGUAGE_texdoc as a workaround. (I hope he fixes the bug soon.)
--best, karl.