Installing a CTAN package to Tex Live manually

Gabor Urban urbangabo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 06:32:29 CET 2024

Hi guys,

I had a problem using the CTAN package igo which helps drawing
diagrams for the Japanese game of go. The package was designed to be
installed on MikTeX

I do not know if this could be relevant for others but I would like to
share the solution. I am using WIN11.

The package consists of an .sty file for the typesetting of diagrams
and a given number of Metafont files.

1. The STY was copied to the local texmf directory, on my machine:
c:\texlive\texmf-local\tex\latex\igo

2. The .mf (Metafont) files are copied to:
c:\texlive\texmf-local\fonts\source\igo

3. I updated the filename database using the package manager shell.

Regards
--
Urbán Gábor

Linux is like a wigwam: no Gates, no Windows and an Apache inside.