GitHub action for TeXLive running on all 3 main OSes

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Mar 29 01:06:48 CET 2024

Hi Jacques,

> What I’d like to do is to run pdflatex on various .tex files containing documentation for my library, so as to have them in PDF format packed with the binaries, ready for distribution.

Sounds reasonable.

> Since I use actions only at a very basic level to run cmake, what is my best course of action?
> See https://github.com/jacques-menu/musicformats/blob/master/.github/workflows/build-macos-artifact.yml for example.

Sorry, I cannot give a crashcourse on github actions. But you have the
tex files ready, I would suggest
- using docker action
- use one of the docker images provided by island of tex
	https://gitlab.com/islandoftex/images/texlive/container_registry/573747
- use the docker image to compile the files

That makes it easier since you don't have to make installations.

Best regards

Norbert

arXiv / Cornell University   +   IFMGA Guide   +   TU Wien  +  TeX Live