Change to output routine code breaks latex afterpage package

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Mon Mar 25 23:28:27 CET 2024

Am 25.03.24 um 22:44 schrieb Karl Berry:
> Incidentally, your test file that you appended is a bit odd because it
> does \aftergroup on "s" Yes, my stupidity. I do know that \aftergroup
> takes one token 🙂.

nothing stupid about it ... I forget these things all day long :-)

I just committed the test file "for the record". This
> particular one doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make runnable,
> since (I think) checking the DVI output would suffice. Maybe someday ...
> especially if some new volunteer(s) interested in testing came forward
> ... --thanks, karl.

maybe one day you want to add a simple l3build setup instead of
verifying such in the dvi my hand (which is of course also possible)

that test could just output stuff via \message and a lost \aftergroup
would show this way log and l3build could test against that. l3build is
actually extremely useful for test automation

looking forward to see the update... right now I can't recompile TLC3
because of it (or well I could by moving back to my 2023 distrib)

'night
frank