Change to output routine code breaks latex afterpage package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 25 22:44:23 CET 2024

    Incidentally, your test file that you appended is a bit odd because it
    does \aftergroup on "s"

Yes, my stupidity. I do know that \aftergroup takes one token :). I'll
fix the file at some point.

I was trying to get the fix committed yesterday so the binary rebuilds
could get going. (I also forgot to update the eptex version of the
unbalanced-braces.ch; thankfully Akira fixed that up earlier today.)

    by the way how do you test such -ini tests automatically?

I didn't try to make this one into a runnable test. I just committed the
test file "for the record". This particular one doesn't seem like it
would be too hard to make runnable, since (I think) checking the DVI
output would suffice. Maybe someday ... especially if some new
volunteer(s) interested in testing came forward ... --thanks, karl.