[OS X TeX] TL2024

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 16 21:57:42 CET 2024

Re the original problem:

    >> I have a problem with an incorrect link, which happens only for
    >> a mac, not Ubuntu, for example:
    >>
    >> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel    44 14 Mär 20:46 mktexlsr -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr.pl

I simply forgot to push tlcritical (which had the correct link) to
tlnet.  I've done that now.  It will be available after the next
build makes its way to the mirrors.  Sorry.

For anyone who doesn't want to install updates, you can and should repoint
the link by hand:
  cd .../2024/bin/universal-darwin
  rm mktexlsr
  ln -s ../../texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr mktexlsr

Karl

P.S. Re mktexlsr.pl vs. mktexls-R, sorry that I forgot that diff doesn't
make sense (and given the format of ls -R output, sort won't help
either). I'll look into it further when I have a chance.