[OS X TeX] TL2024

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 15 23:20:59 CET 2024

Herbert and all,

    >> I have a problem with an incorrect link, which happens only for
    >> a mac, not Ubuntu, for example:
    >>
    >> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel    44 14 Mär 20:46 mktexlsr -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr.pl

Dick can relax, because the error is in TeX Live, not MacTeX
(as expected, given how MacTeX is created). In the upstream
texlive.infra.universal-darwin.tar.xz tarball that is the ultimate
source, mktexlsr is indeed a symlink to mktexlsr.pl, not mktexlsr.
Only universal-darwin is messed up in this way, no other platform.

tug$ pwd
/home/ftp/texlive/tlnet/archive
tug$ for f in texlive.infra.*.r*; do tar tvf $f | fgrep mktexlsr.pl; done
lrwxrwxrwx root/root         0 2024-02-12 00:21 bin/universal-darwin/mktexlsr -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr.pl

But in the live repository, which is where the .tar.xz's derive from,
the Master/bin/universal-darwin/mktexlsr symlink is correct.

This is quite puzzling. Norbert and/or I will look into it soonest.

Thanks/sorry,
Karl

P.S. This is a separate topic from the bug above, but I wish mktexlsr.pl
either behaved correctly or did not exist. Do you happen to have a
comparison at hand showing the files that mktexlsr.pl missed?