Context again broken on Mac

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Tue Mar 12 19:39:40 CET 2024

Folks,

We created an install package from the final state of the pretest on the Mac.
Then Bruno Voisin (who is busy with other duties) briefly tested ConTeXt.
Here is his report, which I can confirm. Actually, I used ConTeXt engines
in TeXShop, which worked perfectly a week ago.

---------
 I tried to typeset the attached files with

context --autogenerate --luatex StartTL.tex
context --autogenerate StartTL.tex

etc. (this corresponds to using the engines ConTeXt and ConTeXt-TL and associated samples from TeXShop).

A couple of weeks ago these worked perfectly. Alas, now I get error messages ending up with

mtxrun          | unknown script 'mtx-context.lua' or 'mtx-mtx-context.lua'

It seems the initializations

mtxrun --generate

for LuaMetaTeX and

mtxrun --generate --luatex

for LuaLaTeX (1) need to be run manually beforehand (I thought --autogenerate took care of that) and (2) fail to use TEXMFCONFIG (~/Library/texlive/2024/texmf-config on the mac) and use some /var/folders/1r/dhdtft1s4qgfjwbcpkfhqf5c0000gn/T/luametatex-cache instead.

Actually, if no ~/Library/texlive is present, it's not created.
---------

Dick Koch

Dick Koch