How to install tlgpg

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jan 21 21:15:11 CET 2024

Hi Norbert,

> On Jan 21, 2024, at 10:12 , Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> wrote:
>
> Please update tlmgr/texlive.infra first, or use a current installer. This has been fixed and pushed out on the 13th of February.

I've been having the same problem in TLU, and forgot to report it. I'm using tlmgr from tlcritical, so it shouldn't be outdated. Let me know if you need more info.

$ sudo /usr/bin/perl /Library/TeX/texbin/tlmgr --machine-readable --repository https://preining.info/tlgpg/ --persistent-downloads install --reinstall tlgpg
Password:
start load https://preining.info/tlgpg/
fail load https://preining.info/tlgpg/

tlmgr: Remote database (rev 23) seems to be older than local (rev 66584 of texlive-scripts); please use different mirror or  wait a day or so.

$ tlmgr show texlive.infra
package:     texlive.infra
category:    TLCore
shortdesc:   basic TeX Live infrastructure
longdesc:    This package contains the files needed to get tlmgr running: perl modules, xz binaries, plus (sometimes) tar, wget, lz4, and various other support files. This package also represents the tlcritical recovery scripts. The standalone installer is close, but not the same; it's defined in 00texlive.installer.
installed:   Yes
revision:    69328
sizes:       run: 1301k, bin: 985k
relocatable: No