tlcritical testing for certificates

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Sun Jan 14 03:21:08 CET 2024

> On Jan 13, 2024, at 7:33 PM, Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> wrote:
>

> Herb, I am not sure you have the logs or the exact calling sequence that
> happened, but it would be good if you could send me that. From the above
> explanation I cannot determine what has happened.

Howdy,

I don't think it's a problem with tlmgr or even one with TLU.

When TLU starts up it checks if there is an infra update and, if there is one on TLU's default server, suggests doing that before doing any other updates. After updating using tlcritical the next time you start up TLU it detects that tlmgr on your system is newer than the one on TLU's default system and notes that. I'm just not sure how to go on from there to see if there are other updates available. It may be that since there were no other updates TLU just stopped at that point but I'm not sure. Question: Is there a way to tell TLU to go on in that case?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs2 at mac.com