tlcritical testing for certificates

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Fri Jan 12 14:45:16 CET 2024

> On Jan 11, 2024, at 10:00 PM, Adam R. Maxwell via tex-live <tex-live at tug.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 10, 2024, at 00:51 , Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> wrote:
>>
>> If you want give it more tests, run tlmgr with -v and watch out whether
>> Downloading using LWP succeeded
>> does appear.
>

> Working here on Mac OS X Mojave (10.14.6), once I used the system
> Perl with LWP::Protocol::https installed.
>
> thanks,
> Adam

Howdy,

Seems to work fine here and I have no LWP along the PATH.

Started up TLU and go a listing of all the updates, including newcomputermodern (21MB). Installed the tlmgr from tlcritical as Adam instructed. Installed all the updates using the updated tlmgr through TLU. Just to check I re-started TLU and got a listing for an infra update and that the installed version is newer than the update(!). I see no way to get by that do just re-installed tlmgr (Actions->Reinstall TeX Live Manager) and restarting TLU go the No Updates message as expected.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs2 at mac.com