EPS CONVERTED TO PDF ISSUE (was: Re: Config questiopns

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Feb 18 00:05:50 CET 2024

    (I believe that technically you can fix it so that EPS images in
    pdflatex get converted automatically,

The conversion happens by default (in all engines), since 2010.

In fact, doing this conversion was the whole reason I invented the
"restricted shell escape" concept. Before that, there were constant
reports to the effect of "pdflatex can't read my eps image".

Thankfully, given the basic engine/kpse functionality, Heiko wrote the
LaTeX-level package to make it work conveniently for people, as Ulrike
described. --best, karl.