Config questiopns

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Feb 17 19:35:41 CET 2024

Am Fri, 16 Feb 2024 18:46:13 +0100 schrieb Gabor Urban:

> 1. I have some collections of Plain TeX macroes which I use quite
> frequently. I store them in a global texmf directory.
> With TeLive I have found the directory texmf-local\local\plain, but my TeX
> documenmts could not import. Are there some
> enviroment variables (TEXMF for eg.) or how I should preoceed?

You must put your files in the correct subfolder. E.g. plain-tex
macros should go into

texmf-local/tex/generic/mymacros

You then should update the file database with mktexlsr

You can also put your macros in some other (user) texmf tree (again
below tex/generic) and then add this tree with

tlmgr conf auxtrees add path/to/texmfroot

That is similar to the miktex option to add a local texmf tree.

> 2. I am using packages in my LaTeX documents which are available from CTAN,
> and were in the MikTex repository. These
> were not installed by TeXLive. The package manager does not seem to see
> them. How can I get them under TeXLive?

Depends on the package. Due to license reasons not everything is in
texlive. Some of them can be installed from tlcontrib
https://contrib.texlive.info, other have to be installed manually.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/