EPS CONVERTED TO PDF ISSUE (was: Re: Config questiopns

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Feb 17 00:47:27 CET 2024

Am Fri, 16 Feb 2024 23:05:33 +0000 schrieb Peter Flynn:

> (I believe that technically you can fix it so that EPS images in
> pdflatex get converted automatically, but this slows it down a lot
> because they get converted every time.)

That is wrong. They are not converted every time. pdflatex will call
epstopdf once and if it finds the converted image at the next
compilation, it will use it.

This will work fine if the eps are in the document folder (or a
child), but not if the eps is found with kpsewhich in some parent
folder, as then normally epstopdf can't write the converted pdf.

You can easily test that: simply move some eps to a test folder and
try to use it.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/