EPS CONVERTED TO PDF ISSUE (was: Re: Config questiopns

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sat Feb 17 00:05:33 CET 2024

[New thread]
On 16/02/2024 21:46, SUPRIYA MANDAL wrote:
> On using latex doc. Tex it is compiling but when pdflatex document
> name. Tex is used and the tex file contains eps images then pdflatex
> compilation is done then it says that eps converted to pdf not
> found. In latex guide book it is only written latex only compiles eps
> images then why eps converted to pdf?

This is long out of date. The simplfied answer is:

1. Old latex only supports EPS images. EPS can only be used with old
latex. No other image formats work with old latex.

2. pdflatex/xelatex/lualatex only support JPG, PNG, and PDF images. EPS
will not work with these processors. If you use these processors you
cannot use EPS images.

See https://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/images.html#fileformats

(I believe that technically you can fix it so that EPS images in
pdflatex get converted automatically, but this slows it down a lot
because they get converted every time.)

Peter