Issue with texlive package manager on Fedora 38

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 02:02:24 CET 2024

Hi / नमस्ते

first, TL 2023 is not yet historic, you should use regular
repositories from CTAN (I use the mirror in Czechia and verified it
today). You should not install TeX Live from TUG as root and should
not use sudo. You should (as root or via sudo) create
/usr/local/texlive and make it owned by you, then you will do all
actions as a normal user. If you use /usr/local/bin/tlmgr, it is wrong
and cannot work because it is not tlmgr from TeX Live 2023 from TUG
but from Fedora packages but Fedora updates even the TL packages by
dnf, not by tlmgr. It seems that you have
/usr/local/texlive/2023/bin/x86_64-linux at the beginning of PATH as a
normal user but not as root, that's why it does not work via sudo.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/

st 14. 2. 2024 v 0:42 odesílatel SUPRIYA MANDAL