Issue with texlive package manager on Fedora 38

SUPRIYA MANDAL anisupriya2002 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:29:17 CET 2024

*Dear TexLive Support Team,*

*I hope you are doing well. I am writing to let you know about an issue I
have encountered while using the TexLive package manager on Fedora 38.*

*The problem I am facing is related to updating packages using the TexLive
package manager (tlmgr). Despite setting the default package repository to
ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2023/tlnet-final/
<ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2023/tlnet-final/>, I am
encountering difficulties in updating certain packages, particularly the
epstopdf package.*

*Whenever I attempt to update the epstopdf package using the command sudo
tlmgr update epstopdf, I receive the following error message:*

*bash*

*/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: TLPDB::from_file could not initialize from:
ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2023/tlnet-final//tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
<ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2023/tlnet-final//tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb>/usr/local/bin/tlmgr:
Maybe the repository setting should be changed./usr/local/bin/tlmgr: More
info: https://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html
<https://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html>*

*I have verified that my internet connection is stable, and I have followed
the recommended steps to update both tlmgr and the epstopdf package.
However, the issue persists.*

*Given the importance of TexLive in the LaTeX community, I am reaching out
to ask for help in resolving this issue. Could you please guide how to
address this problem or any alternative solutions that might be available?*

*Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank
you for your time and assistance.*

*Sincerely, *

*Supriya Mandal*

n/tlmgr: More info: https://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html