tl24 pretest: bug report

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 13 12:03:18 CET 2024

>>> It seems that tl24 cannot find and use the files located in texmf-local.
>>>
>>> I have two versions of biblatex installed in my machine. One is biblatex
>>> (3.19), as part of the tl24 installation. The other is the latest version
>>> (3.20), taken from the sourceforge and installed in texmf-local. Yet,
>>> kpsewhich in tl24 consistently fails to find the texmf-local version:

On windows it works fine. Just to make sure I moved a copy of
article.cls and updated lsr:

C:\Users\Nililand2020\Documents>kpsewhich --all article.cls
c:/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/base/article.cls
c:/texlive/2024/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls

and pdflatex uses it:

c:/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/base/article.cls

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/