Bug report: Take bug reporting off the mailing list

Nicola Talbot lists at dickimaw-books.com
Fri Feb 9 20:37:49 CET 2024

On 09/02/2024 19:18, Jonathan Fine wrote:
> Norbert wrote that some packages don't have a contact point.
>
> I see two related aspects of this. The first is to make a list of at least
> some of the packages that have a contact point. The second is to use this
> list to help users of texlive who have an issue arising from one of their
> documents. These two together might in time result in a more comprehensive
> list, and an improved experience both for users and for members of this
> mailing list.

Rather than spending time making a list that can easily go out of date,
why not just direct users to the package page on CTAN? There may be a
"Home page", "Bug tracker" or "Repository" link on the package page or
contact details in the README or at the start of the documentation.
That's the most up-to-date information that's publicly available. If
that information isn't there, then there's no support.

Regards
Nicola Talbot