Unable to use XeTeX after updating to the 2023 version

Disha Kuzhively dishajk.21 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 06:58:59 CEST 2023

I used to get a 1 page document previously. I was expecting that. I tried
xetex on other documents, here is where the compiler stops

$ xetex CV_KDisha.tex
> This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-0.999995 (TeX Live 2023) (preloaded
> format=xetex)
>  restricted \write18 enabled.
> entering extended mode
> (./CV_KDisha.tex
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.8 \documentclass
>                   [10pt,a4paper]{moderncv}        % possible options
> include...
>
> ?

If I click enter, the return is printed in a 1 page document. Here it was a
2 page file before I installed the 2023 version. The 1 page document that I
get has no formatting.

Disha