Unable to use XeTeX after updating to the 2023 version

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 26 04:30:39 CEST 2023

On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 06:35:47PM -0500, Herbert Schulz via tex-live wrote:

> > On Sep 25, 2023, at 9:48 AM, Disha Kuzhively <dishajk.21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > $ xetex opentype-info.tex
> > This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-0.999995 (TeX Live 2023) (preloaded format=xetex)
> >  restricted \write18 enabled.
> > entering extended mode
> > (/usr/local/texlive/2023/texmf-dist/tex/xetex/xetexfontinfo/opentype-info.tex
> > [1] [2] )
> > Output written on opentype-info.pdf (2 pages).
> > Transcript written on opentype-info.log.
> >
> > Attached is the opentype-info.pdf (2 pages) that I get instead of the 1 page opentype-info.pdf that I am supposed to get. Please let me know if I can provide more information.
> >
> > Please help resolve this issue. Thank you.
> >
> > Disha
> > <opentype-info.pdf>
>
> Howdy,
>
> Just for information, what are you expecting? The default font for xetex is Latin Modern and the information is about that font.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> herbs2 at mac.com

I think the problem being reported is that after the last 'latn'
language ('TRK ') there are 8 entries for (latn) language =
(default) and these spill onto a second page.

ĸen

--
... for the surviving dwarfs awaiting their conversation with the
Blackboard Monitor who, it was believed, could cause you and your