Installing classes locally

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Sep 15 15:14:45 CEST 2023

On 15/09/2023 07:42, jpeter17359549--- via tex-live wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know how to install a package from a local directory.

My take on this has always been that additional packages (including
updates to already-installed packages) should go in your Personal TeX
Directory.

http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/personal.html

This avoid having to mess with the TL installation directories because
packages/classes in the Personal TeX Directory will always be found by
LaTeX BEFORE those in your installation directories.

But this is largely from observation, with the help of many people here,
and I am always looking to have it streamlined or updated, and fact-checked.

Peter