Installing classes locally

jpeter17359549 at tutanota.com jpeter17359549 at tutanota.com
Fri Sep 15 08:42:35 CEST 2023

Hello,

I'd like to know how to install a package from a local directory. For example, I've downloaded this file:

https://journals.aas.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/aastex631.zip

I unzipped and copied the contents into several TexLive directories (including the default package directory), ran the updater twice (through both PowerShell and TeXLive Manager), reconfigured Lyx, re-launched it, but it still does not recognize the class(es).

However, it appears that TexLive Manager can see at least the "macros" package, and it's the correct version (see screenshots). So, is this a Lyx problem?

Thank you,

Jeff