Error in Installation Process

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Sep 12 16:11:07 CEST 2023

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 09:30:23PM -0400, Yiyun Sun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered an error when installing the texlive frontend. I got the
> installer from the original website tug.org.
>
> Here's the error message:
> error writing "file1e929ade230": broken pipe
>   while executing
> "chan puts $::inst "startinst""
>   (procedure "run_instller" line 5)
>   invoked from within
> "run_installer"
>   (procedure "main_prog" line 144)
>   invoked from within
> "main_prog"
>   (file
> "C:\Users\<censored>\AppData\Local\Temp\nsc8EC0.tmp\install-tl-20230911\tlpkg\installer\install-tl-gui.tcl
> line 2117)
>
> Thanks
>
> Sincerely
> Yiyun (Michael) Sun
> --------------------
> +1 (626)-554-6659
> yiyunsun at bu.edu

Odd. At this point, the GUI and the actual installer have already
successfully communicated, so I do not understand why this should
suddenly fail.

Make sure that the installer is up to date; if it is older than the
online repository, then things tend to go wrong.

Otherwise, just try again, or try the test mode installer: choose in
the first screen "Unpack only" and invoke in a command prompt

install-tl-windows.bat -gui text

--
Siep Kroonenberg