Request for LaTeX Code Assistance for Research Paper

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 13:14:43 CEST 2023

ne 22. 10. 2023 v 12:20 odesílatel Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> napsal:

> Hi Mian
>
> You wrote:
>

>> To facilitate your assistance, I can provide a sample solution that I have found as a reference. By analyzing this sample, you may be able to create LaTeX code that can address my specific challenges effectively.
>

> The arXiv provides source for all its LaTeX papers. I suggest you find a paper on www.arxiv.org whose formatting is similar to what you wish to achieve. You may at least find a paper with similar tables.
>
> The arxiv does not have chemistry papers as such, but does have chemical physics.  Here's some URLs to get you started on this search.
>
> https://arxiv.org/list/physics.chem-ph/recent
> https://arxiv.org/abs/2310.12535
> https://arxiv.org/format/2310.12535
> https://arxiv.org/e-print/2310.12535
>
> Reverse engineering the style sources from a PDF is a professional service, for which payment could reasonably be asked for. However, note that at https://doceng.org/doceng2023 there was a relevant paper:
> Automatically Inferring the Document Class of a Scientific Article
> Antoine Gauquier, Pierre Senellart
> https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3573128.3604894

The journals always give you a sufficient information on the style.
Elsevier requires elsarticle.cls which is included in TeX Life.
Springer provides the class file with a sample, other journals do the
same. I make the scientific graphs with gnuplot and generate PDFs
which can be simply included. In order to have the same style in all
plots, I have a general header:

set term pdfcairo enhanced mono dashed font 'Helvetica,12' lw .7
set out ARG1[1:strlen(ARG1)-3].'pdf'
set grid
set xlabel 'T [K]'
set macros
P="ps .5"
p="ps .4"
q="ps .25"
T0=273.15
# set size ratio 0.8
set size square

Save it as plotstyle.txt and at the first line of each gnuplot file
(the extension must contain exactly 3 characters) use:

call 'plotstyle.txt' ARG0

You might need another font or size ratio. (You can see that this is
for temperature dependence plots and sometimes my tables contain
temperatures in °C, thus using the globally defined constant I can
specify using ($1+T0):2 in the plot commands).

The PDF file will have the same name as the original gnuplot file with
extension .pdf and afterwards it should be cropped by pdfcrop which is
included in TeX Live as well. I automate everything with a Makefile
which runs gnuplot on all new and modified source file, crops th PDFs,
runs LaTeX and BibTeX possibly repeatedly if needed.

> I hope some of this helps you.
>
> with kind regards
>
> Jonathan

Zdeněk Wagner