Installation Query

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Sat Oct 21 17:41:17 CEST 2023

Hello,
this isn't a paid support company, but a mail group for users and
developers of TeXLive. So please do not expect to obtain detailed
schooling instructions.
At least you have managed to get TeXLive installed. There isn't a single
file installed, but a directory containing many subdirectories and files.
In order to learn to use the program, you should visit the page
https://tug.org/texlive/, where you will find many useful links,
especially https://tug.org/begin.html. You will have to dig into these.
I guess, it would help to find some local expert, who will explain the
basic issues.
Just a short hint: Together with TeXLive you might have installed  the
TeXworks editor, which serves as front end to the TeX system. You can
use that to write your text and have it processed to e.g. a pdf document.
Good luck
Alois