Update of siunitx went wrong (probably)

Petra Rübe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Thu Nov 9 14:55:30 CET 2023

Hi Norbert and Ulrike,

On Thu 09 Nov 2023 at 18:56:41 +0900  Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Nov 2023, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> > I can not confirm this. When I do an update every update
> > notification tells me that the catalogue has been updated at the
> > same time:
>
> That is interesting, but maybe it hasn't been like this before.

There haven't been any changes in our workflow for ages.

We first copy the package files to the archive,
then edit the source of the Catalogue entry,
then _commit_ the Cataloue entry,
then write the acknowledgement email to the uploader
(the one from which Ulrike just quoted).

So things do not happen _strictly_ simultaneously.
If Karl fetches the new files while we are still editing the
Catalogue entry (this _may_ take some time, especially for
new packages!), then the phenomenon described by Norbert
will happen and one will have to look for some way to
prevent this without causing too much trouble to the TL team.

   Best,
   Petra (from the CTAN team)