Error in Installation Process

M. Münch Martin.Muench at Uni-Bonn.de
Wed Nov 8 20:53:36 CET 2023

OK,

I had missed a re: for the first post:
https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2023-September/049456.html

With

install-tl-windows.bat -texdir M:\2023 -gui text

installation succeeded.

Idea: When installing Windows 11 this month, MS no longer allowed a
local account but insisted on using an MS-account. (You can log out of
that, but only after the installation of Windows has finished.) The name
of my MS-account it my legal name, and that has a hyphen, thus
"username" in C:\Users\username\... also has a hyphen. The username of
the OP (in September), who signed as Yiyun (Michael) Sun, might also be
something different than "michael". Could that be the cause of the trouble?

Martin