no appropriate script or program found: fmtutil

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Tue Nov 7 17:18:17 CET 2023

Thanks, Akira! That's helpful information, and I have learned it for
the first time. I wonder if it's possible for TeX Live to get rid of
this limitation. I don't have the expertise myself, since I'm mainly
an R user. I know that R used to have difficulties with multibyte
characters on Windows, too, but it no longer has problems since
Windows can support native UTF-8 locales. It will be nice if TeX Live
can run regardless of its installation path.

Regards,
Yihui
--
https://yihui.org