TeXLive 2023 Windows Installer doesn't start post-download/-installation config (no tlmgr, texworks etc.)...?

epsilon at int.pl epsilon at int.pl
Tue May 2 23:30:20 CEST 2023

Unfortunately, I've tested various installation options, but the problem still remains: the installation ends with the same error as mentioned at the beginning and essential applications like tlshell, tex, etc. are still missing from the \bin\windows folder (adding the path doesn't change anything either).

I have tried:
1. installing from scratch the (almost) full version from the same server as the first time. This time, however, it took less time (up to 5 hours, possibly the earlier 14 hours problem was a mix of my internet connection condition and the temporary state of the server...?), but the effect remained the same as I described above.
2. installing from scratch a (nearly) minimal version from another server (~1h), but with the same result as above.

What the above two situations have in common is that the installer tries to install (or download?) some packages and gives up the second time due to failure. The installer does not deal with quite specific packages, as it rejects (most?) packages titled "*.windows", like "tex.windows", "bibtex.windows" and (most) packages titled "collection-*", like "collection-langenglish" (type of error: "Retrying to install: collection-langenglish [1k] [...some info about decompressing and server...] Failed to install collection-langenglish, but continuing anyway!").

As for chkdsk -- Windows does not find any errors.

Kind regards,
Jan Kaput