Error with 'luaimageembed' on Windows

Rolf Niepraschk Rolf.Niepraschk at gmx.de
Thu Jun 22 11:40:56 CEST 2023

Dear friends,
with the following short test document (see 'texdoc luaimageembed')

%--------------------------- luaimageembed-test.tex
--------------------------
\listfiles
\documentclass{scrartcl}

\usepackage{luaimageembed}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}
\includegraphicsembedded[width=4cm]{%
iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAMAAAADCAAAAABzQ+pjAAAAFElEQVQI12P4z/Cf4f9/BgYGBgYA
IOsD/UqPmwUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
}
\end{document}
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the following error on Windows:

output_filename=luatex.3ah000/image1.png
libpng error: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion

On Linux the result is as expected. I tested on two Windows 10 machines
and on Linux with this call

wine /usr/local/texlive/2023/bin/windows/lualatex.exe luaimageembed-test.tex

The parameter of '\includegraphicsembedded' is a BASE64 encoded png
graphic. I am using a recent TeXLive installation.

Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Rolf