AW: Dvips fails in texlive 2022, texlive 2023 and MacTeX

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 21 08:42:55 CEST 2023

Hello, you need to provide much more informations about the problem: what happens, when you call dvips? Doesn't it run at all, do you get any error messages from it? Dvips can be called with a debug option, what does it say?Are you sure, that the right dvips is called? How do you call it?Good luckAlois------ Originalnachricht------Von: Florian ColbatzkyDatum: Do., 20. Juli 2023 23:30An: tex-live at tug.org;Cc: Betreff:Dvips fails in texlive 2022, texlive 2023 and MacTeXDear texlive list members,Just per chance (texlive system check with Kile in one Linux distribution) I have realised that drips does not work anymore, but crashes. I have then checked it in two other Linux distributions and in MacTeX with the same result. I have used different tex (transforming them via LaTeX) and dvi files. Dvipdf works well. The system check of Kile does not complain about other failures	.On the Internet, I have not found any information for this problem.Thus, I have decided to make you aware of it.
 Maybe you even know the reason.With kind regards,Florian Colbatzky-- Dr. Florian ColbatzkyMatthias-Erzberger-Str. 7/288400 Biberach / RissGermanyTel.: +49 (7357) 91033Fax: +49 (7357) 91035Mail: colbatzkyfa at gmail.com