missing texaccents files

Vincenzo Mantova vlmantova at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 21:01:23 CEST 2023

Hi,

Belated thanks for handling the issues right away.

So we managed to test all TeX Live (2022 final) scripts in continuous
integration, for Nixpkgs. The test itself is very simple (pass --version,
--help, and in rare cases compile a .tex file) so we only verify that they
can execute successfully. It turns out that almost all of the scripts do!

These are the only ones that required some patching:
- ebong: this is not compatible with python3, plus there is a stray tab;
the fix is straightforward and fits a single sed call
<https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/b392b28a47d2103ac422197fde95449651aee458/pkgs/tools/typesetting/tex/texlive/default.nix#L329>
- htcontext (tex4ht): the script contains a literal '\rubyCall', which I
think should have been expanded to the empty string when compiling the
package

A related issue is that biber-ms cannot be compiled from the sources in
CTAN because a test file is missing, which has already come up on this
mailing list. I have filed an issue on the biber github repo.

Best,
Vincenzo