An outdated user font dir

孙忠豪 sunzhonghao22 at mails.ucas.edu.cn
Fri Aug 11 10:28:54 CEST 2023

Hello texlive group,

I encountered a problem when I installed texlive on a ubuntu server (22.04 LTS).

Here is the quesiton that I posted on tex-se: fc-cache can't find texlive fonts on a no-root Ubuntu server - TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange

I found that the recommanded path of user configure file is ~/.fonts.conf.d/09-texlive.conf in https://tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#x1-330003.4.4

After checking the arch wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Font_configuration#Fontconfig_configuration and fontconfig.org: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html, I found that ~/.font.conf.d/ will be deprecated.

The path recommanded now is $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/fontconfig/conf.d/09-texlive.conf , and here $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is $HOME/.config in user mode. Maybe the documentation have to be fixed here.

If there is anything that I can help, contact me at any time. :)

Best Regards,

Zhonghao