[pdftex] sound files

Jan Van lent jan.vanlent at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Feb 26 12:24:43 CET 2002

Does anyone have any experience with using sound files in combination
with pdf. I tried the code in the sample file distributed with pdftex,
but that didn't work.
What I want to do is make a link or an icon that will play a sound when
clicked. The sound files would be seperate mp3s, distributed together
with the pdf. Linking to a web page already works, sort of, but I would
like to to refer to a local file (in the same directory as the pdf).
Sound annotations are not an option since the Acrobat Reader doesn't
play them

Raw pdf examples will be helpfull, but pdftex code would be even better.

jan