Palo Alto local information
- By car, from SFO to the Sheraton Palo Alto:
Take US-101 S for approximately 20 miles. Exit onto the Embarcadero
Rd/Oregon Expwy. Upon exiting, continue on Embarcadero Road. Turn
right onto El Camino Real.
- By car, from SJC to the Sheraton Palo Alto: Exit the airport using
the lanes leading to CA-87 N. Merge onto US-101 N, and stay on it for
approximately 13 miles. Take the Embarcadero Road exit. Turn right onto
El Camino Real.
- By train: The Sheraton Palo Alto is located near a Caltrain station,
which can be used to go as far as San Francisco to Gilroy, as well as to
connect to the VTA light rail system. From the airport, however, a rider
needs to take BART to Millbrae, then take the Caltrain to Palo Alto.
Caltrain does not have a station at the airport.
Sightseeing and tourism
- Computer History Museum (Mountain View, CA)
- Intel Museum
- Tech Museum of Innovation
- San Carlos Flight Museum
- Hiking trails on Stanford Campus
- Big Basin State Park (redwood forest)
Art & Culture
- Rodin Sculptures @ Stanford campus
- Stanford Memorial Church
- Mission Santa Clara / Santa Clara University
- Winchester Mystery House
- Whale watching (July is the season for humpback whales, blue whales,
- Other tech headquarters and companies
Families with Younger Children
- Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
- Children's Discovery Museum
If questions or suggestions for the above, please contact the conference committee.
$Date: 2018/11/07 23:57:02 $;
conference home page;