[tldoc] Assistance required for updating texlive-zh-cn on CTAN

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 2 00:19:55 CEST 2024

Hi Ran,

    I have recently completed the new version of texlive-zh-cn, which is
    now fully up-to-date.

Great, thanks!

    I am unsure of the process to update this package on CTAN

The TL doc doesn't exist as CTAN packages. We update it directly in TL.

    and would appreciate your guidance on the necessary steps I need to take

Mailing here was the right thing to do.

If anyone still on this list knows Chinese and can take a quick look at
Ran's update, that would be great. Else I will install it in a day or two.

Ran: barring input now, I think the previous maintainers of the zh_CN
have stepped down. I hope you'd like to continue doing updates in the
future? If so, please subscribe yourself to this list (or I can do it
for you): https://lists.tug.org/tldoc.

And if you're interested in also working on updating the zh_CN
translations for the runtime messages, see info on
https://tug.org/texlive/doc.html, and let us know if any questions or
problems.

Thanks! --best, karl.