[tldoc] TeXLive plans in writing the documentation: will be human or chatgpt generated text?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 8 23:01:26 CEST 2023

Carlos - TUG as an organization has no opinion pro or con for chatgpt,
or llm in general. The board has never discussed it; as far as I can
see, there's nothing to discuss. In his newsletter, Boris was simply
making an observation. Boris is on this list and can confirm if it would
ease your mind.

I can tell you that none of the projects I am involved, including the
various manuals, are currently using or plan to use chatgpt or any other
llm.  I mean, if a translator wishes to use chatgpt to help, that's
fine, but it's up to them. I neither object nor suggest. Nor do I have
any way of knowing if someone does.

I personally have never used, or plan to use in the foreseeable future,
chatgpt or any other llm.  Not so much out of philosophical considerations
as because I'd rather spend my time doing other things. --best, karl.