[tldoc] suggestions for the doc section 3.4.5 context lmtx and mkiv

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 23 23:37:40 CET 2023

Hi Carlos,

    I had some issues with the the way by which namely, context, and the
    scripts used therein handles any call with a file.

I admit I'm not sure at what level the problem you're discussing is. If
some specific change to the TL manual that would help, please draft
something and let me know.

In general, we cannot document detailed/exact ConTeXt (or anything else)
behavior in the TL manual, especially wrt what envvars are used or not
used, how they conflict, etc. It has to be left to the documentation of
the formats/programs. If it's not documented there, we can't solve that.

If you think ConTeXt should behave differently, the change needs to be
sent to the ConTeXt developers. --best, karl.