[tldoc] tl2023 guide translations

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Feb 19 18:00:11 CET 2023

I've done the basic updates for 2023 for the TL Guide (texlive-en.tex,
r62219). However, a significant change is still pending -- whatever
updates will be needed for the Windows support being changed from 32-bit
(bin/win32) to 64-bit (bin/windows).

The screenshots and menu examples also need to be updated, but the
Windows stuff has to get working first. Nevertheless, I thought you may
want to work on the news section at the end, which I think is pretty
stable, or at least be aware that this is all coming as usual.

The current sources are committed to svn. If you don't have an svn
checkout, you can download texlive-en.tex and tex-live.sty from
  http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/texlive/texlive-en/
Let me know if any difficulties getting the new stuff.

Also as usual, for your (w)diff pleasure, the previous year (2022)'s
files are in the archive/ subdir of
Master/texmf-dist/doc/texlive/texlive-en/ in the TL tree, aka
https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/texlive/texlive-en/archive/

I don't plan to make any changes to the top-level README this year,
and I don't think much is going to happen with the .po files, either,
apart from updating the year.

Let me know if any questions or problems, as usual. --thanks, karl.