Use of \@citex doesn't match its definition.

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Jun 7 12:02:09 CEST 2024

Am Thu, 6 Jun 2024 20:50:21 -0400 schrieb Mike Marchywka:

> Tried to take a working texlive setup from ubuntu 18 to 24
> on a new machine. Got this error only on sections in a revtex4 document.
> subsections seem ok. I tried quick search and found something about textcase but
> reverting that or revtex4 did not fix anything.
>
> ./copper.tex:1180: Use of \@citex doesn't match its definition.
> \@uclcnotmath ...s@ {\noexpand \cite ##1}\@citex }
>                                                   \def \@citex ##1{\NoCaseCh...
> l.1180 \section{introduction}
> Thouhgts?

Well "ubuntu 18 to 24" doesn't say much about your TeX version, the
package versions and your document. The first try would be to use a
current revtex (\documentclass{revtex4-2}). If this still errors,
make a small but complete example that demonstrates the error and
show it together with the complete log-file.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/