[texhax] help

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Nov 20 01:27:18 CET 2018

On 2018-11-19 at 15:20:34 +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:

 > People sometimes send me a JPEG inside a PDF, for what reason I wot
 > not.  I think it's because these people don't know that you can
 > open a JPEG in some software; they don't have GIMP, for example, so
 > they believe that a PDF is the *only* shareable format, the same
 > way as they believe Word is the only format for text.

Dear Peter,
PDF is the *only* shareable format which allows you to control exactly
how things are displayed.

I disagree with your statement "these people don't know...".  I'm
using PDF for everything I make available to others and you can be
sure that I know exactly what I'm doing.

I don't think that those who send you a JPEG inside a PDF are idiots.
There are good reasons.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25