Request for Feature to Convert LaTeX PDF to Editable PowerPoint

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 22:42:28 CET 2024

Hi,

you are not on the right list TeX Live is a team whose members just
package what is available on CTAN, they are not developers of the
tools. You must ask somewhere else to create such a tool and make it
freely available on CTAN. However, I doubt that it is possible. PDF
contains the description of the page design, not the document
structure. It might be possible to use tex4ht for such task. And once
you have PowerPoint presentation, you cannot convert it back to LaTeX
with all formatting preserved. Unlike TeX, where sources are plain
text files and can live in a versioning system and many users can work
on a document at the same time, it is not possible in office software.
When I have to prepare a document together with a person using MS
Office and he/she is the mai author, I just supply the plain text and
comment the PDF if I request a modification. If I am the main author
or someone else knowing LaTeX is the main author, the document lives
on my subversion server and co-authors using MS Office just supply the
text and make comments. Another possibility is to use Google Drive.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/

ne 17. 3. 2024 v 15:41 odesílatel SUPRIYA MANDAL