tlmgr platform add windows (some problem)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sat Mar 16 19:39:13 CET 2024

On 2024-03-16 at 18:12:48 +0100, Rolf Niepraschk via tex-live wrote:

 > I installed TeXLive 2024 for "x86_64-linux" on my Linux computer:
 >
 > perl ./install-tl --no-interaction
 >
 > Then I tried to add additional Windows binaries, which partially
 > succeeded. The following problems occurred:
 >
 > # tlmgr platform add windows
 > tlmgr: package repository https://ftp.fau.de/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet
 > (verified)
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package adhocfilelist.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package bibexport.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package checklistings.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package cyrillic-bin.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package dtxgen.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package fontinst.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package git-latexdiff.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package latexfileversion.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package listings-ext.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package ltxfileinfo.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package pagelayout.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package pdfbook2.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package pdfjam.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package pdftex-quiet.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package pdfxup.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package tikztosvg.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package tpic2pdftex.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package typeoutfileinfo.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package wordcount.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform add, cannot find package xdvi.windows
 > tlmgr: action platform returned an error; continuing.
 > running mktexlsr ...
 >
 > Is this normal? What can I do to get all Windows binaries? Should I use
 > another mirror?

Hi Rolf,
these packages do not exist for windows.  pdfjam is a set of shell
scripts for instance and there is no xdvi for windows.

Thus you can ignore these messages.  You see them only if you add
binaries for an additional platform with tlmgr.

I installed TL for a few platforms (including windows) and got a
warning that texworks.i386-linux couldn't be found when added
i386-linux binaries later.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25