Package svg missing dependencies in texlive.tlpdb

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Mar 13 15:03:17 CET 2024

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024, Osipov, Michael (IN IT IN) wrote:
> I have installed 'svg' package from a mirror and I get several packages
> missing by xelatex. Looking at [1] for the package there are no 'depends' to
> those listed in here [2].
> E.g.:
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `trimspaces.sty' not found.
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `transparent.sty' not found.
> and so forth.

Package far from have explicit dependencies. That is the reason we
strongly suggest installing the containing collection, in this case
	collection-latexextra
which contains svg, as well as the packages containing the above files.

Best

Norbert

arXiv / Cornell University   +   IFMGA Guide   +   TU Wien  +  TeX Live